- Chapter 1: Designing a Mural Background
- Chapter 2: Airbrushing a Sunset Background
- Chapter 3: Creating a Soft Surface and Working with Stencils
- Chapter 4: Airbrushing Feathery Surfaces
- Chapter 5: Airbrushing Woodgrain
- Chapter 6: Airbrushing Mechanical Things
- Chapter 7: Vehicles and Perspective: Airbrushing an Airplane
- Chapter 8: The Picky Details: Painting Hands
- Chapter 9: Hail to the Chief: Part One
- Chapter 10: Hail to the Chief: Part Two
- Chapter 11: Fixing a Face
Having only one airbrushing technique is like driving on only one road; it limits the places you can go.
This book by famed custom painter JoAnn Bortles gives you the airbrushing tools to take your art just about anywhere.
Taking up where she left off in her best-selling How to Master Airbrush Painting Techniques, Bortles outlines a full range of techniques and their applications.
Her straightforward, clearly illustrated directions show you how to airbrush everything from backgrounds and murals to animal subjects and delicate human features on virtually any surface.
Designing, drawing, painting from photographs; portraying natural and manmade landscapes; manipulating light and dark; painting airplanes, cars, and trucks; depicting birds and reptiles, animals and people in stylized and realistic ways:
These are among the many techniques Bortles explains in direct, easy-to-follow terms.
Her book is an ideal guide for airbrush painters seeking to expand their skills, and for readers of Bortles’ earlier book who are hungry for more.
Publisher: Motorbooks International
Publication Date: 24/04/2014