- The Basic Equipment
- The Basic Tools and Supplies
- Airbrush Theory and Preparation
- The Basic Movements: Learning to Use Your Airbrush
- Using Frisket Film and Other Tricks
- Metal Surface Texture Effects
- Working with Stencil Layers
- Airbrushing a Wolf
- Creating a Vector Drawing and Using a Plotter
- Using Complex Stencils: Airbrushing on a Guitar
- Using Liquid Frisket or Spray Mask
- Airbrushing an Eagle
- Painting Skin Tone and the Human Face
- Troubleshooting and Care of Your Airbrush
- Appendix: Airbrush Resources
Whether you want to custom paint graphics on the hood of your hot rod, the tank of your motorcycle, a fine-art canvas, or a T-shirt, mastering the art of airbrushing is the key to bringing your vision to life.
Expert custom painter and author JoAnn Bortles takes the beginner through the first steps of becoming an airbrush artist with How to Master Airbrush Painting Techniques.
She starts by explaining how to choose and buy equipment, how to master strokes and air pressure, and the materials and accessories a painter will need.
And when you're ready to move on to portraits, metal effects, complex stencils, landscapes and more, Bortles gives you the tools to tackle more difficult projects.
Drawing on years of expertise and writing in a laidback style, JoAnn Bortles eases you into the world of airbrushing like no other instructor can.
So if you're intimidated by the thought of that first pull of the airbrush trigger, How to Master Airbrush Painting Techniques is the place to start.
Publisher: Motorbooks International
Publication Date: 04/12/2006