Across the far-flung worlds of the Imperium of Mankind, in a galaxy riven by warp storms and unceasing conflict, the armies of Humanity battle for survival. With the Imperium already standing upon the brink of annihilation, the Tyranid hive fleets emerge from the cold void between the stars. The Space Marines stand as the last line of defence between this ravenous alien menace and the beleaguered worlds of the Imperium.
Take your first steps into the 41st Millennium with this Introductory Set for Warhammer 40,000. This box is a great way to get familiar with this amazing hobby, as you build and paint incredible models, then play your first games. It includes two sets of push-fit models, a set of hobby tools and paints, a game mat, helpful guides, tokens and terrain markers, plus all the dice and tools you need to play. Pick the noble Space Marines or swarming Tyranids, give control of the other models to a friend or family member, and battle it out for hours of entertainment. If you’re thinking about giving Warhammer 40,000 a try, this is your chance – it’s also an excellent way to expand your existing collections.
The Warhammer 40K Introductory Set contains:
- 1 x 48-page softcover Warhammer 40,000 Introductory Set Handbook – Includes construction guides, rules tutorials, and training missions to get you up to speed without hassles and headaches
- 16 x plastic push-fit Citadel miniatures – This box includes two sets of miniatures to build, paint, and play with, all designed to be assembled without glue so you can get stuck in with minimal fuss. These miniatures are all supplied with their appropriate bases, and the box features:
5 x Space Marines: Genetically-enhanced soldiers created for war. Their already-deadly skills are enhanced with power armour that amplifies their strength and endurance, and brutal weapons to utterly annihilate any foe.
5 x Infernus Marines: Armoured troops who wield powerful flame weapons to keep swarming enemies at bay
11 x Tyranids: Utterly alien creatures from a distant galaxy, driven by a gestalt consciousness. They desire nothing more than to consume all life, absorbing and reconstituting its biomass into ever-more-vile creatures.
10 x Termagants: Scuttling hordes of simple Tyranid creatures, armed with weapons that project living ammunition
1 x Ripper Swarm: Small beasts tasked with finishing off weakened enemies and picking their bones clean
- 1 x 30″ by 22.4″ double-sided gaming mat – A foldable paper playing mat that features different battlefield art on each side.
- 1 x range ruler and 6x dice – These essential accessories are used in games of Warhammer 40,000 for movement, shooting, close combat, and more.
- 22 x cardboard tokens and terrain markers – These tokens represent walls and objectives, plus activation tokens to keep track of your turns.
- 1 x Citadel Starter Clippers – The perfect tool for removing your new models from the frame.
- 1 x Citadel Colour Starter Brush – A great all-rounder paintbrush that will help you prepare your models for battle.
5 x 12ml Citadel Colour paints – Ideal colours for getting your models ready to play in the colours of the Ultramarines and Hive Fleet Leviathan, including:
- 1 x Abaddon Black
- 1 x Wraithbone
- 1 x Balthasar Gold
- 1 x Naggaroth Night
- 1 x Macragge Blue
These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly – we recommend using Citadel Colour paints.