Across the far-flung worlds of the Imperium of Mankind, in a galaxy riven by warp storms and unceasing conflict, the armies of Humanity battle for survival. With the Imperium already standing upon the brink of annihilation, the Tyranid hive fleets emerge from the cold void between the stars. The Space Marines stand as the last line of defence between this ravenous alien menace and the beleaguered worlds of the Imperium.
Take the plunge into the 41st Millennium with this Starter Set for Warhammer 40,000. This box gives you a compelling introductory experience, with incredible models, a game mat to fight over, helpful guides, and all the dice and tools you need to play your first games. Pick the noble Space Marines or swarming Tyranids, give control of the other army to a friend or family member, and battle it out for hours of entertainment. This box is a fantastic way to get into the Warhammer 40,000 hobby – it’s also great for expanding your existing collections.
THE WARHAMMER 40K STARTER SET CONTAINS:
- 1 x 48-page softcover Warhammer 40,000 Introductory Set Handbook – Includes construction guides, rules tutorials, and training missions to get you up to speed without hassles and headaches.
- 38 x plastic push-fit Citadel miniatures – This box includes two sets of miniatures to build, paint, and play with, all designed to be assembled without glue so you can get stuck in with minimal fuss. These miniatures are all supplied with their appropriate bases, and the box features:
11 x Space Marines: Genetically-enhanced soldiers created for war. Their already-deadly skills are enhanced with power armour that amplifies their strength and endurance, and brutal weapons to utterly annihilate any foe.
1 x Captain in Terminator Armour: A veteran of a thousand wars, ready to lead a strike force against any foe
5 x Terminators: Veteran warriors clad in nigh-impenetrable armour and armed with heavy weapons
5 x Infernus Marines: Armoured troops who wield powerful flame weapons to keep swarming enemies at bay
27 x Tyranids: Utterly alien creatures from a distant galaxy, driven by a gestalt consciousness. They desire nothing more than to consume all life, absorbing and reconstituting its biomass into ever-more-vile creatures.
1 x Winged Tyranid Prime: A swooping conduit for the Hive Mind’s will, connecting all Tyranid creatures within close proximity
1 x Psychophage: A massive, highly specialised monstrosity, eager to consume enemies with its horrific maw
3 x Von Ryan’s Leapers: Mantis-like hunters that lash out from the shadows to ensnare unwary prey
20 x Termagants: Scuttling hordes of simple Tyranid creatures, armed with weapons that project living ammunition
2 x Ripper Swarms: Small beasts tasked with finishing off weakened enemies and picking their bones clean
- 2 x reference sheets – One for each army, including simplified datasheets for each unit that will help keep your games running smoothly.
- 1 x 30″ by 22.4″ double-sided gaming mat – A foldable paper playing mat that features different battlefield art on each side.
- 2 x range rulers and 10x six-sided dice – These essential accessories are used in games of Warhammer 40,000 for movement, shooting, close combat, and more.
These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly – we recommend using Citadel Colour paints.