Wicked Detail Airbrush Colors are water-based, acrylic, multi-surface airbrush paints suitable for any airbrush project and spray-gun application. Heavily saturated with transparent, lightfast pigments and using a durable resin, Wicked Detail Colors are an excellent choice for interior application and exterior application with a top coat clear applied over Wicked Colors, such as UVLS Clears.
Wicked Detail include an artist palette of colours that are made with a smaller size of resin-particle (a sub-micron sheer) for better atomisation and flow at lower psi settings compared with standard Wicked Colors, which would require more thinning with 4011 Reducer for flow through the same airbrush tip-size.
Wicked Detail Colors dry matte compared to other Wicked Colors which dry satin to semi-gloss. They spray transparent out of the bottle with a 0.5mm to 0.3mm tip-size, reduce 5% – 20% per volume for tip-sizes as small as 0.18mm.
- Detail Colours cover transparent / semi-opaque sprayed direct from the bottle. Extend for increased transparency.
- Best sprayed with airbrush tip-sizes 0.3mm to 0.5mm at 20 – 40+ psi.
- Thin with 4011 Reducer for use with smaller tip-sizes (as small as 0.18mm) and lower psi setting.
- Mix with 4050 UVLS Gloss Clear (recommended) or 4030 Balancing Clear to create a durable acrylic-urethane resin blend that adheres better to hard-surfaces and cures to a more durable, mar-resistant coating.
- Refer to Wicked Colors Tech Data Sheet for more info.